Takaful Re for Corporate Takaful Plans
Takaful Re is dedicated to offer Shari’a compliant reinsurance and related
services to the growing Takaful and Islamic insurance markets. Takaful Re is promoted
by Arig, a leading reinsurer in the Middle East for more than 25 years with worldwide
recognition in the conventional market.
Takaful Re benefits from Arig’s (www.arig.net) expertise, strong financials, large
capacity and ability to lead the market.
Takaful Re has an authorized capital of US$ 500 million and paid-up capital
of US$ 125 million making it one of the most financially secured Retakaful companies
in the Middle East & North Africa region and the emerging markets of the Islamic
Committed to developing Takaful Re as a key instrument in the industry's
growth, the company's co-promoters represent the region's leading financial institutions.
- Dubai Investments PJSC - (www.dubaiinvestments.com)
- Emirates Funds LLC (an arm of the Emirates Bank Group) (www.emiratesbank.com)
- Emirates Industrial Bank (www.emiratesindustrialbank.net)
- The Islamic Development Bank (www.isdb.org)
- Dubai Islamic Bank (www.alislami.co.ae)
- Qatar Islamic Insurance Company QSC (www.qiic.net)
- Wethaq Takaful Insurance Company of Kuwait KSC (www.wethaq.com)
- Al Safat Takaful Insurance Company KSC
- Sheikh Nizam Yaqoobi Sheikh Nizam Yaqoobi is a member of a number of Shari’a Supervisory
Boards, including the Dow Jones Islamic Index, Bahrain Islamic Bank and the Citi
Islamic Investment Bank. He is also member of Shari'a board of AAOIFI and has been
a visiting lecturer at Harvard University.
- Sheikh Dr. Abdulsattar Abou Ghuddah Sheikh Dr. Abdul Sattar Abou Ghuddah has taught
at various institutes, including at Imam Al Da'awa Institute, Riyadh, Religious
Institute, Kuwait, and at the Shari’a College and Law faculty in Kuwait University.
He is Secretary General of the Unified Shari’a Supervisory Board of Dallah Albaraka
Group, Jeddah, and a member of Shari’a Board of AAOIFI.
- Sheikh Dr. Ahmed Abdul Aziz Al Haddad Sheikh Dr. Ahmed Abdul Aziz Al Haddad is
a member of a number of financial companies. He is the Chief Mufti of Dubai.